All roofs (house and garage) if accessible (not too steep, snow covered, or of a type that may be damaged by foot traffic) will be inspected from the roof itself. If the roof is not walkable, then the roof will be inspected from a ladder at the eaves and from the ground.
Gutters will be inspected along with the roof and from the roof if possible.
I. The inspector shall inspect from ground level, roof itself, or the eaves:
1. the roof-covering materials;
2. the gutters;
3. the downspouts;
4. the vents, flashing, skylights, chimney, and other roof penetrations; and
5. the general structure of the roof from the readily accessible panels, doors or stairs.
II. The inspector shall describe:
1. the type of roof-covering materials.
III. The inspector shall report as in need of correction:
1. observed indications of active roof leaks.